Unique video of my saltwater/fw globe ecosystems

brandon429

pico 1
Have fun enjoying the eccentric things packed in my man cave with me. This is video compiled of 7 years worth of filming, some of the tanks are still here after all this time and with no filtration of any kind. Internal processing of fish waste is used instead of heavy filtration, this is as bare bones as it gets, and my including a full room shot I was trying to show what bachelor feng shui is like for those inclined to seek it.

enjoy!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XOsitYhihc"]YouTube - 1 Gallon Pico Reef and Globe Ecosystems[/ame]

thank you!

thanks for stopping by

these pics show some neat details...some are in the vid and some weren't included. I know using a fish in the small one is not to be promoted on the large scale, all I can say is all scientific parameters were assessed and he wasn't just tossed in there. He continued eating cyclopeeze and perching all over the tank, he was removed in about two months. I was testing the nitrate tolerance for the system with max bioloading, the internal refugium handles a lot and it was neat to really push the tank and develop a true palmtop ecosystem complete with a fish for a while

Attachments

• terrarium reef glowb.jpg
    terrarium reef glowb.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 3,545
  • mini cleaner.jpg
    mini cleaner.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,140
  • bare bones reefbowl.jpg
    bare bones reefbowl.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 605
  • 1-3reefbowl.jpg
    1-3reefbowl.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 609
  • panda goby.jpg
    panda goby.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 878
-

thank you for watching man I'm posting this rascal in europe too just to be a self promotor and all lol

but really there is one piece of information that eludes me and is holding me back terribly other than someone not inventing a 3 inch auto on/off glass heater...it's resolution. I have an 8mm camcorder, a good sony one if I could promote 1998 all over again :) but geeze it looks filmy and has no detail in the vid. What the heck do I do to get the same image quality in motion that I do in the pics I've posted. help please!

really awesome. I remember watching your previous pico reef videos. I love the tanks. one day I will set one up..... I just need to find the room for one! ;)

Great vid. I'm still in awe of your vase reef and other pico reef. I would love to have something soo tiny and beautiful, but I don't keep my house at 76 all year like you do so I don't think I can do it.

Everything looks awesome though!

great video i could actually hear the ocean...... I think, it was awww inspireing pico reefs are truly a mystery to me but you got it down great job

Back