upgrading?

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
I'm starting to keep an eye on the want ads for a larger tank, I figured I'd pick one up now, and slowly shop for lighting etc over the next several months. I'm going to go with a 90 or 125. My question is, is there that much difference between the 2? I know bigger is better, but is there going to be alot of stuff I can keep in a 125 that I can't in a 90? I definately want larger fish this time, but due to space, a 125 would probably be the max I would go

125 is longerthan the 90 for sure. I think it is 72 inches but the same depth and width. I have a 120 which is 48x24x24 and I love the depth and wideness of the tank especially when aquascaping it. more front to back space.IMOE

If I'm thinking right.A 90 is 48" long where a 125 is 72".Thats another 2 feet of swimming room for tangs and such the need more room.

I could go as big as I wanted if I went in the downstairs rec room, but I'd never be down there to watch it. The next will be going in the same spot as the first

Had a 125 and a 90. My wife made me chose between them when we moved. I picked the 125. After talking to the guy I sold the tank to, I got the 90 back.

I would go with the 125g as well.Length is better than height when it comes to stocking fish like tangs that could use the extra two feet of swimming space.Lighting will be the biggest difference price wise between the two.Besides if you go with a 125,you get to join us in the ''Big Tank Club''.

Back