Urchin and feather duster

Ashna

Reefing newb
i woke up this morning and my sea urchin had my feather duster oon his back. was he eating him or just carring him around. i googled their compatibilty and asked the LSF if the urchin would be ok in my tank with what i had in there and they said yes...any thoughts?​

im not sure what kind he is here is a picture of him a little hard too see because he was close to the lights

Attachments

• IMG_0498.jpg
    IMG_0498.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 510
I think that might help him from picking stuff up. But it does look to be a type of pincushion urchin, so i would worry about him eating the feather duster. Just put the feather duster where he cant get it.

My urchin is a purple pincushion and it did try repeatedly to eat my worm which is why i had to stuff it in a hole in a rock.

I do give him light weight toys that dont float, plants or empty shells to make sure he leaves other stuff alone. He has never eaten my corals but he will mow right over them and tick them off but not hurt them. They will eat off the red corraline algae though I hate that stuff i think its gross.

He likes sinking pellets that have krill and shrimp in them the brown nugget kind that you can hand right to him.

He is one of my favorite critters but he can be a PITA sometimes

5507371763_b2241d1d10_m.jpg

5479656375_d9cbf3c42a_m.jpg

Last edited:
Back