urchins, heeellllllllppppppppp!!!!!

you mean the purple coralin algae wont grow if i dont have reef lighting? i did not know that at all! i got some 50/50 lights and dont plan on growing any corals so does that mean that the purple up is just useless?

Coralline does need proper lighting to grow, and usually won't grow without sufficient light. In a predator tank, an urchin would be a good addition for a cleaner, since snails and crabs (traditional cleaner crew) usually get eaten by someone.

i love the coraline i had in my new tank i now have 60 lbs of rock that is bare for now and 100+ in my sump i wish it grew faster

Careful what you wish for when it comes to coralline.When it starts growing on the front glass as fast you scrape it off,it gets old fairly quick.
Sicklids,just keep your calcium,alkalinity,and magnesium levels right,and you'll eventually have coralline growing out your ears.Those are 3 main factors in getting it to grow.
It'll also help to brush some of the coralline on your live rock with a soft bristled tooth brush.Thats causes it to release spores into the water.

so i was doing some research and found that the picasso triggers eyes are strategically put where they are just because it keeps them safe from their favorite food....
...long spined urchins, just urchins particuliary!

so i was thinking of maybe the foxface rabbitfish to eat the algae? heres a pic of what i got growing in my tank, its all over the rock on the left.
HPIM3552.jpg

If it's green algae it will eat it. I have a foxface and he's always picking at the rock. Have not had any problem with green algae since I added him.

She's adorable. How old? Is that her name "7"? If so, how did she get it? Mine is a male he's 4 and is the most lovable dog. He loves fish and bunnies. My daughter has his daughter. I see yours has brindle in her also.

and to add, i got home yesterday and found out that "7" is in jail, gotta go bail her out today! i told her not to be digging in the neighbors flowerbed!

no i havent ever used phosban or phosguard. is this like something i would dose the tank with? i might also add that this tank has only been running for about 3 months, so could this be part of the cycling process?

i do like a 25% water change weekly, due to the fact im terrified of nitrates rising, that would be why it looks so clean and clear.

Back