URGENT powder blue not doing well. !

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by Lesely, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Lesely

Lesely

Out PB has been with us now for 3 weeks. As you can see in the last update he was active gaining weight and a friendly member if our tang community. Today however he hasn't come out swimming , he has been hovering. Didn't eat either of the 2 feedings today and in the last half hour has been struggling to even stay upright ! Surely after 3 weeks the malnutrition couldn't be the cause. ? I am devastated. Any suggestions or ideas why this is happening now ? Thanks in advance. !!

Lesely, Aug 19, 2014
    1. Advertisements

2. Lesely

Lesely

image.jpg Well I am devastated He has died !!! We tried so hard he was so beautiful. ! At least the last 3 weeks of his life he was not hungry & cramped in a small tank with no rock. Thanks everyone. !! P.S. This picture was taken exactly 24 hours ago. Dam

Lesely, Aug 19, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Lesely

mariobrothersleeve squirrel

Sorry.
    These guys are tricky, they go quick once they show signs. I had one go the exact same way, picked one up and looked like crap and try to bring it back. Looked good for 2 months and bam done. I am no expert in powders they are tough to keep.

mariobrothersleeve, Aug 19, 2014
    Lesely and Aquarian like this.
  4. Lesely

Aquarian

I'm no expert either but I read how hard they are to keep everywhere. I'm sorry for your loss.

Aquarian, Aug 20, 2014
    Lesely likes this.
  5. Lesely

ReeferRob

Mine did the same thing Lesely, did great for 4 months then up and died, same with the Mimic. The PB was cyanide, the Mimic is a mystery to me. If I was down there, I'd take the liver for testing for you, the ONLY way to rule out cyanide.

ReeferRob, Aug 20, 2014
    Lesely likes this.
  6. Lesely

Becky Administrator

Really sorry to hear that Lesely, sounds like you did all you could for the poor little guy :(

Becky, Aug 21, 2014
    Lesely likes this.
  7. Lesely

claireputput

So sad! :(

claireputput, Aug 21, 2014
    Lesely likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question