Us again ...fixed the PH - on to the next problem :)

hebbah

Reefing newb
Thanks for all your help with the high PH! The article you suggested was really useful. We connected another airpump to the tank and are running it through the sump. That seems to have brought the PH back to normal levels!

No onto the next problem. I had been running carbon for the last 2 weeks in the tank because of cloudy water. The water was sparkling after a few days of using it, so I decided to take the carbon back out on Sunday. On Monday our T5's arrived. I have been trying to acclimate the tank to 250W instead of 120W by first running the full lights for a few hours, then turning half of them off and then turning them off sooner than usual. Problem is, I have got some seriously cloudy water now! It must be a bacterial bloom - could it be from the new powerful lights? I put the carbon back in but it doesn't seem like I should always be running carbon in the tank because of nutrient loss for the corals we just got.
What can you tell me? Is this normal or strange? How long will it last? This is a pretty new tank (2.5 months...)

Thanks!

It could be bacteria.Or it could be free floating algae.
Try cutting the light cycle by about half for a day or 2 and see what happens.

Back