Using the sump to hold the fish??

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I just had a brainstorm, and I don't know if it would be good...

I'm picking up some more lr from someone this weekend, and I will be rearranging my lr so that I can get rid of some more dead spots. It will kick up a lot of sand and stuff, no doubt...

My sump has 3 compartments...one the left is my intake and skimmer, then a triple baffle bubble trap, on the right is my fuge, and the middle is the intake area with just the return pump.

Think it would be mean to keep the 2 fish in the return area of my sump (all equipment off, of course!!)? I figure whatever is in the return area is what's in the main tank anyway, except for maybe a slight temperature discrepancy, which I can acclimate the fish to if I need to.

It was just a thought. What's everyone's take? That way I don't have to worry about major spikes while I move rocks around, and I can do a quick water change up there before putting the fish back in.

how big is you sump?
if you have the system running any spikes will happen in the sump also not just the DT.
i just think that i would do every thing with it all in the tank i have done it in the past with no problems and if you are worried about it just do a water changer after you move every thing around.

+0 for me LOL

Thanks for the input :) Guess I'll just keep it simple...since I'm due a water change this weekend, I'll just drain what I need, rearrange and add the new rocks, then add my new water.

I'm like that abused kid who grew up with a complex...in this case, the nitrates abused me in the start and now I'm all nitrate-paranoid LOL

how about you just run the tank without a sump till you figure out if you have a cycle or not and keep the sump running as a separate tank for a while.

Back