uv sterilizer...

flatsout1171

Reefing newb
when i plug the pump in it wont suck water but if i take the pipe that is in the sump off and pour water in the tube it will pump.do you think the impellor is bad?

i think i might have it figures out my hoses are swapped? the intake is the hose that is low in the sump and the out is the one that comes from the pump then to the uv sterilizer and then back into the sump right?

mine is straight or inline? i cant find a model on pump it says model 2?.. uv sterlizer not sure label is gone ..bought the tank that way..

If it pumps then the impeller is working, there is a suction leak in the system. Ususally at a fitting on the suction side of the pump to the water level in the sump. From the pump discharge to the UV unit and back would not be the problem. If the pump has a shaft seal the problem could also be there.

well glad to know that there is somebody else on here now from billings. i live up by poly school. so if you get into salt tanks maybe we can trade some corals later on and i also sell my xenia to one of the pet store's on main.

still cant get the pump to work..it is a mag2 pump...i swapped the hoses and it still wont pump the water.does the uv sterilizer need to be full of water to get the pump started..

Back