UV Sterilizer

tangboy

Reefing newb
I am ready to try a UV Sterilizer and need your advice. I have been looking at the turbotwist and know I'll need a pump complete the setup. So, what pump and sterilizer combo do you recommend. What's new and improved? And If you have a pic of how you set yours up, could you let me see it? I am now running a skimmer and 2 penguin 500s. After I get the sterilizer, I only want to use one of the bio wheels. So, I have no place to tie in the sterilizer inline with another filter.
Thanks! :bowdown:
Burney

it is important to situate the sterilizer so that all the air is evacuated by the water flow through the sterilizer. use a pump that is rated at least at the top end of the gph the sterilizer is rated for, as the pump will decrease over time. take water directly from the tank and run through the sterilizer. hope this helps.

I have posted an article on uv sterilization in the helpful articles. suggest you read it. the pump size will depend on what you want to do, clarify, or, sterilize. choose a pump that moves water at the upper end of the manufacterers recommendations for what you are trying to do, or, if strickly for sterilization choose a pump that is middle of the road in gph. to the manufacturer recommendations.

Last edited:
Back