UV Super Actinic

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I picked up one of these today at the TFP Anniversary Sale and want to know where you recommend that I replace the prior actinic. I am running the T5 Nova Extreme Pro and it has a switch for two actinics to come on and a switch for 1 actinic and 3 10k's. I run all 4 during the day but just the two actinics before and after all 6 go on. Should I add this Super Actinic to the set of 2 or save it for only when the 6 go on?

I really do not understand what you mean. But, your actinics should come on before your 10K's and stay on the full time as the 10K's, and then stay on after the 10K's. Something like 2 hours, 8 hours and two hours. Nova extremes are some pretty intense lighting and even with clams and SPS you do not need but 6 to 8 hours of intense light per day, even with commercial grow out operations yu do not need much more. For my grow outs I use 1 hour, 10 hours, 1 hour. So my actinics are on for a full ten hours per day, and my halides 10 hours.

Fatman thanks for the reply but you really must have misunderstood what I said. I bought a actinic bulb that is an upgrade for my prior actinics but I only got one and am asking which one to replace because there are 3 total actinics in my lighting system. Of the two actinics that come on by themselves should I use the UV Superactinic to replace the actinic closer to the front or replace the one closer to the back? I have a Bow front if that makes any difference.

Fatman thanks for the reply but you really must have misunderstood what I said. I bought a actinic bulb that is an upgrade for my prior actinics but I only got one and am asking which one to replace because there are 3 total actinics in my lighting system. Of the two actinics that come on by themselves should I use the UV Superactinic to replace the actinic closer to the front or replace the one closer to the back? I have a Bow front if that makes any difference.

Replace one of the bulbs on the two actinic switch.Whichever is closer to the middle.

I feel so Duh! I still can not follow. How many bulbs and switches and what not. I guess it is not anymore confusing than a separate switch for actinics, each halide, and lunar lights, but for some reason my head just goes muddled when T5's are concerned. Inner prejudice still there I guess. I have that same problem with people in some professions. A simple mention of their profession and by mind puts up a wall even if they seem to be good people. I have the same problem with not remembering dates of holidays, children's birthdays, and used to have it with anniversaries. As old as I am I doubt that peculiar mental twist will ever go away.

Back