V-day present only a reef geek would understand

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Angelajean, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Angelajean

Angelajean I know that I don't know

I thought I would share what I call a cool Valentine's Day present. We have spent alot of money on the tank. My hubby was going to buy me some coral, but I really wanted to get the BRS dual reactor up. I ordered $100 of filters, pump, media from BRS.

If I told my friends my church or my next door neighbor,:mrgreen: they would say what???

Angelajean, Feb 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Angelajean

grozier something smells fishy

I wish my wife was this into it. I have to pull teeth every time I need something.

grozier, Feb 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Angelajean

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

My mom has no idea how much I've time and money I've spent on mine LOL But she doesn't see it often anyway since it's in the basement and she doesn't go down there when she visits ;)

wontonflip, Feb 15, 2013
  4. Angelajean

Ted Living one day at a time

Sounds like the perfect valentines gift to me... and ya all those none reef junkies dont get it at all....I was trying to tell a co worker about how I was going to install my controller on my day off and he looked at me like I grew a second head...

Ted, Feb 15, 2013
  5. Angelajean

Angelajean I know that I don't know

Ted that is too funny. I think people don't understand that a saltwater tank is alot more than buy one add saltwater and throw in Nemo. They don't realize the amount of care needed and the gadgets we want to give us peace of mind.

Angelajean, Feb 15, 2013
  6. Angelajean

bjohanson1234 .........

My wife has been "supporting" this hobby of mine for a long time. She still doesn't understand why I ask for lights for presents. Or pumps, or other equipment. I also ask for gift certificates to the LFS. She doesn't understand that the less I spend on the equipment, the MORE I can spend on the pretty things that go into the tank.

bjohanson1234, Feb 15, 2013
  7. Angelajean

reeftanker84

yea its the same way when i tell someone i got 5 saltwater tanks they think im nuts lol,now i know why i hang out on reefing forums and have 5 groups im part of on FB

reeftanker84, Feb 16, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question