VACATION time - Feeding advice

kkw30806

Reefing newb
I will be going on vacation for about 4 days soon. Does anyone have any suggestion on this issue? Vacation? I don't think any of my friends will be able to help me on this one. Do you guys use any kind of feeding equipment for your fish? Any suggestion / common welcome. :bowdown:

Thanks for reading.

There are several options. The best being having someone stop by and feed the fish (if they know anything about feeding fish), another is extended release food (vacation food) I have had some luck wish this in my FW tank but have not tried it on my SW tank. There are also some products out there that will feed the fish for you based on a timer and the amount of food you put in the little containers, this will obviously depend on the tank. There are also some pretty fancy ones that will feed multiple times a day and are programable.

Hope this helps

Thanks squibley2. I took a look at the timer feeder and they sound pretty good but not all my fish eat the same food. The cleaner shrimp and one fish eats flakes and the other eat frozen brine shrimp. I might have to train all of them eat the same food. HAHA... I don't know. :| Any other suggestion?

For only 4 days and no one to help you best to just let things go for the 4 days, they will be fine and hungry when you get back. feed before you leave and dont worry. have a good vacation.

Back