valasaraptor's new 20g long

valasaraptor

Proud ocelot owner!
So I was goin to do a breast cancer tank for a freind but cant find much pink around here so im setting up my 20g for now and over time will save various pink items and eventually set it up....But for now im starting mine.and while my tank is cycling I have the cutiest blue stripe pipefish ever!!!!!!! I kno a 20 gal is small but hes only about
1 1/2'' and ill be upgrading to a 55 when money permits''ASAP'' lol btw is in a 10g quarantine til the cycle is complete,and do u guys think 176 watts on a 20g is over kill its my old 36in t5 and i really dont want to buy a new light:/ im not planing on too many corals just pipefish safe and macro's

I just lost my favorite fish EVER orbit my little yellow clown goby,he survived 2 tank crashes an exploding heater and in a bag for 5 day on the road from oklahoma to new york ;( he was a trooper

Attachments

• blue stripe.jpg
    blue stripe.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 534
Yea, plus if it's a 36" fixture you've got to figure that there will be light lost where it hangs over the side of the tank.

yes he is eating frozen too wich is the only reason i bought him,and while hes small i want him in sumthing smaller so i can make sure hes eating,yea its a few inches on bot sides so i turned 2 old hang on back filters into fuges one on either side,live rock and chaeto

Update! i returned the blue stripe :( I couldn't tell if he was eating and didn't want to take any chances,and got a sweet deal from a guy breaking down his tank on CL.fire shrimp 10$,yellow polyps 5$ and its a good size colony,palys of sum kind about 30 of them 5$ a freebie sun coral one polyp,pulsing Xenia with a small piece of pagoda cup coral a red mushroom and 2 really colorful pallys and stopped by jp's animal kingdom in water town NY got 15 nass and a Hi fin red banded goby and a green mushroom for 8$ it always helps when a friend works at a pet store.

Attachments

• c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 391
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 400
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 379
  • c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 388
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 422
the one with 2? I used my friends Nikon one for a few pics lol I'm am defiantly spending $$$$$ for that camera there my favorite ill have more pics as soon as the critters come out from hiding,you really cant see the yellow polyps or sun coral but there's tons of them on the rock and the sun coral has a little bit of skeleton showing but the guy didn't kno to feed it and it ate some mysis last night

here's a few more pics

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 363
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 377
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 372
Ive been in the ''process'' of setting up a 75 but it still seems to be sitting in my van :( and i have a ton of frags now and a new frag rack that's covered in diatoms from rearranging my rock to make it fit..... there's a clown,purple psuedochromis,and my hi-fin red banded goby,im only holding the purple for a friend that were are setting up the breast cancer tank and lots of coral lol

Attachments

• goby.jpg
    goby.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 309
  • yellow polyps.jpg
    yellow polyps.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 306
  • shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 288
  • sun coral.jpg
    sun coral.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 287
  • clown.jpg
    clown.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 307
the two sps i got from petland for a dollar they were dying and have got some color back but the monti i gave Brittany was bleaching i had a huge temp spike from a malfunction heater...

Attachments

• fts.jpg
    fts.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 310
  • zoas.jpg
    zoas.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 298
  • zoass2.jpg
    zoass2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 287
a few more

Attachments

• frags.jpg
    frags.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 300
  • paly.jpg
    paly.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 318
  • zoa3.jpg
    zoa3.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 306
  • pulsing xenia.jpg
    pulsing xenia.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 293
I either use YouTube or Photobucket. Upload the vid there and then it will give you a link to copy and paste here.

Back