VAreef's quickstart 65

A couple new additions today. Visited Yote down in Chattanooga. Got 2 fish I've always wanted to own. A foxface and a flame Angel. Drip acclimating em right now.

Attachments

• Graduation 015.jpg
    Graduation 015.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 263
  • Graduation 016.jpg
    Graduation 016.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 218
NIce picks and pics. Can't wait to see them in the tank. I love the color on the flame angels. And you already know how I feel about my foxface, by far my favorite fish. Just a nice graceful swimmer. Congrats.

What's in the 3rd bag?

Oh it's had a piece of LR in it that had some orange corraline on it. I scraped the orange off into the tank hoping it will spread. to other rocks.

And here they are in the tank. Both are eating. I'm suprissed the foxface is already venturing out. He is also already eating some hair algae I have growing so score!

Attachments

• Flame1.jpg
    Flame1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 280
  • Foxface.jpg
    Foxface.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 268
Yeah he didn't like you to much Yote LOL. He still sticks his barbs up if I get close to the tank. I was lucky to get that shot. Great store ya work at down there.

My foxface did the same thing the first day or so, and then he hid for almost a week, just an FYI...I'm sure you remember me freaking out about it.

Oh yeah I do remember that PRC. I know where his spot is so I will be ready for him to hide on me. This is the first rabbitfish I have had so I'm stoked. He is already proving to be alot of fun to watch.

Hey VA how is that spray bar working for you? I'm in the process of buildng a sump and would like to do that. Is that the only way that the water is returning back to you're tank just through those holes?

Hey VA how is that spray bar working for you? I'm in the process of buildng a sump and would like to do that. Is that the only way that the water is returning back to you're tank just through those holes?

It works great and keeps those back rocks cleaned off of debris. If I had thought farther along I would have put some of the holes on the back side of the pipe since I get buildup of junk between the pipe and the glass. At some point during a major project I will pull it back out and drill some more holes. I tested it in the bathtub before putting it in to make sure I got enough flow and it really moves the water along.

Back