Venus Flytrap looking thing...

Mikek

Reefing newb
I just picked up a Kenya Tree coral, and the rock it is on has a bunch of hitchhikers, including a smaller Kenya Tree, some Mushrooms, some barnacle looking things, and this venus flytrap looking thing about center of the photo, blends in with rock very well...anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• 20130613_123224.jpg
    20130613_123224.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 574
It was open when in the LFS tank, closed when I got it home, and now reopened a bit. I love the discovery of hitchhikers (the good ones), it's like Xmas morning every time I get a coral or LR....lol

So now the question is...what is it? And the closed up purple coral, just to the right of it...is that closed mushroom, brain coral, or something else?

I'm hoping that's a brain, I've been wanting one, but my LFS charges a fortune for them...this one came for free attached to the Kenya's rock :)

I just picked up a Kenya Tree coral, and the rock it is on has a bunch of hitchhikers, including a smaller Kenya Tree, some Mushrooms, some barnacle looking things, and this venus flytrap looking thing about center of the photo, blends in with rock very well...anyone know what it is?

Looks like a scallop to me! Love those little things.

Back