Very Long Road To A 125 Gal. Reef

jermpool

NAAO President
Here are a couple of pictures. When you walk in my front door the wall on your right has a walkin closet on the other side of it. Well it used to. The shelves and rods are down. I have pulled the carpet up and replaced with some cheap vinyl floor covering. I have ran water lines off of the ones going to my master bath and I will be installing a utility sink and RO unit in my "closet". I am hoping to have the stand built tomorrow. Also I hope to have the sheetrock on the living room side up and mudded.

fishroom1.JPG

fishroom3.JPG

All the wires in the top picture are there because I already had the wall down where I was rebuilding it. It's not showing in the second picture but it doesn't look like a fire hazard anymore. I have reattached it to the living room side of the wall. I am going to run 2 more lines on 2 differnt breakers to install 4 outlets in the "closet".

Here are 2 more. Got the water plumbed to the sink, the wall rebuilt, sheetrock put up and most of the stand built (I was 1 2x4 short). Hoping to get the mud done and some paint up by the weekend. That is probably all I'll get done until next payday, 2-15-07. I will officialy be hanging up my stand building hammer after this one. :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat: :frustrat:
It's realy hard to get them perfectly level. :kruecken:

fishroom5.JPG

fishroom6.JPG

Done a little of the mud last night, planning on sanding and placing sumps in stand tonight if I have time after dinner at moms.

I haven't had any money but I found some chain in my toolbox and used it to hang a strip light above my refugium tank. I don't have the wall finished yet, maybe this week. I still think I can hit my goal of mid March.

I filed our income taxes tonight, money in 2 weeks.

Trip to Nashvile next Feb. 7, money Feb 11.

Feb payday, money Feb 15.

The time is almost here.

This is a shot if my sump and fuge tanks. I plan on tossing the plexiglass tank on top and replacing with a 36" glass tank with some holes drilled in it for water transfer from top to bottom. I also need to replace the very purple bulbs above the tank with 2 36" 50/50.

sump1.JPG

I got the wall sanded and primed, i need paint the wall and add the trim.

tank1.JPG

It looks like I am ahead of my original schedule with getting the water in the tank. I believe it will be by March 1st instead of the 15th. :bounce: :bounce:

Looks awsome. I would love to put one in the wall, when I set up the 55 I'll put it there. Are you going to case it off with trim? Looks great, and I hope you get it sooner than later, yes even after what you said in the chat room. LOL:nanananan

Cool, I think it will look very nice. Looks like you pretty good building skill, it will look good.

Back