Very Long Road To A 125 Gal. Reef

Yeah about the new color....she don't like the green I picked out. If she don't hurry up I think I'm going to paint it black.[ fade in music] I see a red dress and I want to paint it black....

Congrats on the progress. keep the pics comming. I think if you paint some fish, and stuff on the wall the color will be just fine. say a mural of sorts.

nice ro/di unit i have same one purchased from ebay alot of guys in our rc club here use that same one can't beat it for 100.00 bucks. Your corals and fish will thank you later for that purchase.

I finally done some more work today. I decided to build the wooden sump and line it with acrylic. I built the box today and will add the acrylic later on. Here is a pic of the box and the skimmer that I bought from jhnrb.

sump002.JPG

I also hung my lights. I used some hooks and chain to suspend it from the wall in front of the tank. I will attach the chords to the ceiling and have the ballast on the opposite wall on a shelf.

lights002.JPG

Thats where I am at as of now. Not as far along as I had hoped to be but a lot closer than when I started this thread.

Nice work jerm. Keep the pics comming. say I really like that skimmer, lights, and all. project is coming together. congrats.

OK I think I am back now. I didnt have much to spend today but I went ahead and bought a few outlets and covers for them.

I have decided to cover the plywood box in marine epoxy and use that for my sump/fuge. So I called around and found some at Sherwin Williams for about $65, and yes I made sure it was safe for potable water. I had planned on breaking out the black paint and repainting the back of my tank when I got home but I didn't get home until late so I decided to wait a day or 2.

I hope next week I can get the the plumbing for the overflows and the electricity ran and get the epoxy. That should be about $150.

Thanks Freak.

I would like to see water in 60 days or less. I didn't want to set another goal and fail again. My first count down was to have water in by the end of March I think.

I was going to paint the tank and outside of my fuge but couldn't find the paint. I know I had some.

I am very pleased to see you back. I think progressing with your system will be the best thing. I know Im very interested to see your system up and running. as the others said let me know if there is something I can be of assistance with. welcome back.

I think I made a deal with the devil (my sister) to get my tank set up by the end of July. We'll see how it goes and I will keep ya'll updated,

Back