very stressed naso

emmett0122

Reef enthusiast
my naso is very stressed to the point it wont move. i thought it was dead. it was behind the rocks and if i turned power heads off it would get pushed back and forth and never try and fight it not even a fin flip so i moved some rocks so i could get it out of the tank and then it moved but went to another cave where i can just one of its eyes but still wont move. im very worried that it is going to die if i cant figure out what is stressing her out. tank parameters are temp 78, ammonia 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm, nitrates 5ppm, ph 7.8, salinity 1.025 before the lights came on. any ideas????????

no it was add with a hippo tang witch is gone (ate by my carpet nem witch i dont have anymore) yellow tang, and coral beauty. and i already had a pair of clowns in the tank all other fish are happy, healthy, and eating. there is no sings of parasites or any other diseases. and there has never been any sings of aggression

ok so this fish isnt eating? Is there any sign of ich or any other film on the body that would make you think something is bothering it? Also you have this fish in your 150 right?

there is no sign of anything on the fish. it was grazing on the rocks but it wouldnt eat algae strips green or brown and wouldnt eat brine or mysis shrimp. and yes it is in the 150 i no longer have the 55 set up everything from the 55 went to my QT tank with all my corals and clowns then to the 150 that way i never harmed the biofilter there has never been a mini cycle on the tank either im sure it needs food but i dont know what to do for it. its very upsetting to sit here and watch it suffer and die and i cant do anything about it

Have you tried getting some garlic and mixing the mysis or the algae sheets in it? It helps sometimes. How long have you had him?

Hi, unfortunately we had a lipsitck that was with us happily for over 5 months, eating,happy picking rocks. Nothing changed in our tank either and all of a sudden one night he turned very black in color, stopped feeding and like yours wouldn't swim just floated with the current. He lodged himself in a cave and died withing 24 hours. We still to this day have no idea what happened to him. A local LFS suggested cyanide catching does go on in some areas(although very rare) and if that was the case there was nothing we could do. It is the only fish we have lost and all other inhabitants remain healthy and well. We have another lipstick now and every day I watch his behavior and worry the same thing might happen again.
They are fairly fussy eaters to start with, have you any chateau in your sump ? Thats what ours liked best to start with and soon got the idea of eating everything else that went into the tank.

Have you tried getting some garlic and mixing the mysis or the algae sheets in it? It helps sometimes. How long have you had him?
2 weeks and he just started this yesterday and yes i put garlic in there food every feeding he would pick at it some and maybe eat a couple pieces but nothing like the rest of the fish
Hi, unfortunately we had a lipsitck that was with us happily for over 5 months, eating,happy picking rocks. Nothing changed in our tank either and all of a sudden one night he turned very black in color, stopped feeding and like yours wouldn't swim just floated with the current. He lodged himself in a cave and died withing 24 hours. We still to this day have no idea what happened to him. A local LFS suggested cyanide catching does go on in some areas(although very rare) and if that was the case there was nothing we could do. It is the only fish we have lost and all other inhabitants remain healthy and well. We have another lipstick now and every day I watch his behavior and worry the same thing might happen again.
They are fairly fussy eaters to start with, have you any chateau in your sump ? Thats what ours liked best to start with and soon got the idea of eating everything else that went into the tank.
i dont have room for a fuge in my sump i was going to get some sea lettuce next pay day and put in the tank but it isnt going to make it im sure:(:(:(

here is a video and towards the end you see the yellow tang swimming around it he isnt attacking the naso they have always swam together sence they were put in the tank
https://plus.google.com/106616695310381755201/posts/MEFSy1X7Jbo
OMG that is so sad. Its exactly what ours did before he died. The white markings on him suggest a lot of stress. Personally I would pull him out and put him out of his misery. But that's just me, I hate the thought of how frightened and horrid it would be for him.!!!! Sometimes we just have to make the judgement call. But up to you.
You also have to think that if he does have some sort of disease (cant tell really) the longer he is in your tank like that the more chance of it spreading.
I don't think he is going to make it either. I am so sorry.

At this point I would suggest mixing some new water and maybe putting him in it. I have no idea what, if anything, you could try medicating, but there's not much to lose now, in my opinion. I hope you can get something figured out.

my naso is very stressed to the point it wont move. i thought it was dead. it was behind the rocks and if i turned power heads off it would get pushed back and forth and never try and fight it not even a fin flip so i moved some rocks so i could get it out of the tank and then it moved but went to another cave where i can just one of its eyes but still wont move. im very worried that it is going to die if i cant figure out what is stressing her out. tank parameters are temp 78, ammonia 0ppm, nitrites 0ppm, nitrates 5ppm, ph 7.8, salinity 1.025 before the lights came on. any ideas????????
Can i ask what your alk is ? I was told by someone that lipsticks are very touchy with alk issues. Don't know if its true or not ? How long have you had her ?

Interesting. I'll tell my tang that next time I am having issues. Its the weirdest thing, when she was sick I gave her garlic like my reefer friend suggested and VOILA turn around was amazing. But you know best. Apparently.
Try researching before posting. It is a myth and no, I mean 0, proof that garlic works. This isnt witch doctor magic. Give me a link from your knowledge and I'll be a follower.

Try researching before posting. It is a myth and no, I mean 0, proof that garlic works. This isnt witch doctor magic. Give me a link from your knowledge and I'll be a follower.

I don't know about scientific studies, and each fish is an individual, just like us people, but garlic does work most of the time unless its really bad. I've seen it happen way too many times to say coincidence or that it was a fluke.

I don't know about scientific studies, and each fish is an individual, just like us people, but garlic does work most of the time unless its really bad. I've seen it happen way too many times to say coincidence or that it was a fluke.
If you have seen it to many times, maybe there is something wrong in your tank? If so, document it to prove that only garlic saved the fish.

If you have seen it to many times, maybe there is something wrong in your tank? If so, document it to prove that only garlic saved the fish.
Its not about garlic saving a fish. Any person who has had a tank for a period of time is going to run into fish that are sick or have an issue whatever they may be. Garlic can also help with ich. I think you're going to be the odd man out saying garlic doesnt help, but then I actually would love to hear something constructive from you.

Got anything? Anything to help the OP at all.......come on out with it.....we're waiting with baited breath.

Back