Vid on drilling tanks.

bobby

I like to do bad things.
I remember someone asking about drilling a tank and then someone on another forum wanted a vid so I made one. Well here it is, and if you want more info on bit or the way I did it feel free to ask. Its a two vid thing because I stoped to check the hole and then had a phone call. BTW I know I look goofy in the last vid when I'm tapping my face but theres no audio and I was trying to say WEAR YOUR SAFTY GLASSES. Well heres the vids. Enjoy and feel free to ask questions.
salty3_reef
[/URL][/IMG]
salty3_reef
[/URL][/IMG]

The white stuff is a dam of plumbers putty to keep the water on the bit at all times to cool and lubricate everything. When you put it on roll it in a tube make a circle and then push all along the inside edge so that no water can get passed it.

Bump.

What type of bit do you use for this? Surely it can't be just any 'ole hole saw bit for hacking through lumber and nails? :shock:

Thanks

Its a special diamond dust bit.There really not that expensive,but they dont last very long if have to do a lot of drilling.

Yote's right. It is a bit covered in diamond dust and I paid 10.00 with shipping off of ebay. I got the bit from a guy in Hong Kong. The bit was 4.00 and shipping was 6.00 or the other way around. They can be very expensive if you buy it from a store. I priced some and they were 35.00 to 50.00 for the bit. Heres is a link to the guy I bought it from and the same bit. This bit will do a hole for a 1" bulkhead.45mm Diamond coated drill bit bits hole saw tile marble - (item 180142474936 end time Jul-31-07 05:55:50 PDT)

Back