Video of new Gyer in 240g at 30%

Lesely

Reefing newb
This shows how powerful the Maxspect Gyer really is. This is a large & deep tank roughly 240g.
Even the corals (goni garden) underneath the Gyer is swaying nicely from the bounce back flow 6.2 feet away.
Controller is easy to use and switch between modes. We have settled on the pulse mode at 30% power.
Those setting are what you will see in the video.
Very impressed so far. Enjoy

That's awesome. Thanks for sharing Lesley. I've been eyeing these things since they came out. Only videos have seen have been on empty tanks so to see it in a fully stocked tank is just what I was looking for. Really considering getting one of these when I upgrade soon. Keep us posted on its progress please. :D

Price point here is good too. $399. With controller. My. 4 tunze. ( now removed ) with controller $1584 And more movement. Will keep you posted just hope it's good long term

hey leslie. looks real interesting. i was reading that you can run forward and reverse. do you do that or have you tried it. i would think that would be a good option. to be able to pulse back and forth every little while in opposite directions would be much more ocean like. my tank is 265 gal. 7ft by 2ft by 30in. im thinking one of these instead of 4 sicce would be much more esthetically pleasing and probably be the same for electricity

hey leslie. looks real interesting. i was reading that you can run forward and reverse. do you do that or have you tried it. i would think that would be a good option. to be able to pulse back and forth every little while in opposite directions would be much more ocean like. my tank is 265 gal. 7ft by 2ft by 30in. im thinking one of these instead of 4 sicce would be much more esthetically pleasing and probably be the same for electricity
HI,
Yes we have run in reverse, it is set to 30% forwards and 100% power backwards. The reverse mode is a lot less powerfull, We mix it up all the time and use a different mode throughout the day. It is much more pleasing to the eye than the 4 tunzes i ran, easy to use and electricity is much better than 4 tuzes at approx 35-50w each. I have a feiend running it in a 10.x 3 x 3 and loves it.

i have 4 sicce voyager stream pumps 2800 us gal 17 watts running 2 on 2 off running opposite each other, trying to get back and forth flow. so electricity wouldnt be that different. does your friend have 1 running or does he have 2. i am moving soon and my new house is a lot bigger. my hubby said he would beef up the floor if i want a bigger tank. i am thinking 8ft by 2.5ft by 30 high[400 gal i think] and turning my 265 into a discus tank. it would be great if i only needed one of these pumps to get the water flow i want. i was looking at $ and they go for $300 here but i have to buy it out of the states so buy the time i have it in my hand it will be $400. i am thinking that it would be good for discus to if i can turn it down low. discus like low water flow but you get stagnent areas in a big tank with them

Last edited:
Impressive flow on a really impressive tank. If and when I finally join the big tank club this will be my first option on flow for the tank. Thank you for sharing.

Back