Video of the Tank

Thanks

What bulbs? You lost me. There aren't any light bulbs in the tank. The large rock on the top right is just a rock with a couple zoa colonies attached.

OH! Thats where the refugium dumps back into the tank. I'm a little bit low on water tonight. I acclimated 2 snails and a mushroom, so I ended up taking about a gallon of water outta the tank.

It gets bubbles no matter if the outlet is under water in the tank or not. The way the baffle overflows in the refugium--no way to prevent the bubbles.

Thanks guys. :Cheers:

Sometime in the last 2 or 3 seconds, you can see the clown get blasted by the maxi-jet 1200 as it rotates around. The clown goes flying down about 3" when it gets hit with the blast.

I am not running the maxi-jet 1200 on the left side of the tank. I need another timer or a wave maker to do what I really want in the tank. If I could have that powerhead turn on for about 1 minute every 6 or 8 minutes, that would be killer.

I just finished cleaning the tank. I was all happy that I had enough circulation in the tank that there was not much dust settlement on my rocks and sand bed. Then someone pointed out that if it ain't in the tank.............. only one other place it could be. :question: The refugium. :frustrat: Great!!

So, I pulled all the cheato outta the fuge tonight and just tossed it in the tank. I shook the cheato around in the hopes of knocking some pods loose in the tank. Then I got out my gravel vac and just skimmed the top of the sand bed in the fuge. I didn't actually penetrate down into the sand bed. I held my vacuum about 1/4" above the sand bed and just kinda bumped it and stirred a bit. I sucked out a lotta gunk in about 3 gallons of water.

That made me feel good. Gotta keep that refugium in tip top shape. I'm going to add that little chore to my monthly maintenance schedule.

I pulled 3 gallons outta the tank after using a turkey baster to flush any dead spots in the tank.

Finally took about 7 gallons outta the rubbermaid bin and filled the tank again. I stirred up some dust and debris, so I decided to grab the canister and hook it on the side for the night. I'm just runing the paper filter right now. I might drop the carbon in tomorrow morning and let that polish tomorrow while I'm at work.

Got the RO hose hanging in the rubbermaid bin to fill it up again. I'll shut the RO unit down before bed. It'll make 7 or 8 gallons in the next few hours. Then dump in a few cups of salt mix and let the powerhead do it's thing in preparation for next weekend.

My 6-line had a party when he discovered the pods floating around in the tank. He looks like me after my 3rd trip around the buffet at Thanksgiving dinner. :passedout

I got another video with my actual JVC video camera, but I can't upload it to photobucket. My file extensions on this camera are .MOI :shock: I don't know what that is. It needs to be some type of WMV, AVI video to upload to photobucket. Standard video format--and my camera ain't standard. Or thats the way it appears. I'm sure it's something really simple. Probably have to do a file conversion and convert these MOI files to WMV or AVI--but I don't know how to do it.

Can anyone help?

yeah I did a search on MSN for .MOI i have never heard of that , came up with nothing good. Is there a diffrent extention perhaps?

Notice the yellow polyps attached to the back glass? :mrgreen: You'll have to look quick--it's in the first 2 seconds.
I have a small colony of them on a rock and I leaned it against the glass for a couple weeks. Decided to move them and pulled the rock up. I didn't know that one was attached to the glass and RIPPED it off the rock. :shock: It shriveled up for about 2hrs and is now open and looking healthy. It's got a little sprout coming off the bottom, so won't be long before I got 2 of them up there.

I guess thats one way to frag them. Just rip 'em apart!!

Last edited:
My clown is an exercise freak. It's ............ disturbing. All he does, is battle the powerheads all day. Weird.

I should get a better video of those polyps.

Back