Vivid Aquariums

Discussion in 'Vendor Evaluations' started by yote, Jan 1, 2010.

1. yote

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

yote, Jan 1, 2010
    ukeka1sttimer likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. yote

Reefrookie Not so new anymore! VIP Member

Never ordered from them but that video on their home page would make an awesome screen saver!

Reefrookie, Jan 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. yote

Go through and check their other videos.They have some AWEsome reef tanks.

yote, Jan 1, 2010
  4. yote

dcantucson

They always have such cool looking stuff. I have almost ordered from them several times but haven't, yet!

dcantucson, Jan 1, 2010
  5. yote

Unless I change my mind,I'm probably going to order enough to get the free shipping at tax time.I fell in love with their SPS.

yote, Jan 2, 2010
  6. yote

dcantucson

But can't you get better stuff at better prices if you order from the LFS at which you work?

dcantucson, Jan 2, 2010
  7. yote

But I'm not gonna order stuff that I can get at my LFS:D
    Our wholesalers supply us with a list of what they have to offer each week and we make our selections from those lists.
    Vivid has some colonies that we cant get at the store,and thats what I'm planning to order.

yote, Jan 2, 2010
  8. yote

dcantucson

Okay. Idea. What if you contacted them from the fish store to see if they would sell to another fish store at a closer to wholesale price? Just a thought.

dcantucson, Jan 2, 2010
    yote likes this.
  9. yote

I may just do that David:D
    Thanks for the idea:D

yote, Jan 2, 2010
  10. yote

Fitchguy

I have personally been to the Store Vivid Aquariums and it is amazing and looks just like the pictures on their site. They have the store part and then behind it is just a wharehouse of tanks. The staff was all helpful, and ready to answer any questions. The store is just north of Downtown LA. They will even ship if you go there and pick stuff out too. Oh Yeah and did I mention their Show TANK!! Simply Amazing! I haven't ordered yet either because I may just go up there to cherry pick it out myself!! It is the best Fish Store I have ever been to though!

Fitchguy, Jan 8, 2010
  11. yote

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

Do it Yote. I was there a few weeks back. Super, super nice guys in there. They let me hang out for an hour after closing cherry picking what I wanted :bowdown:. And then bagged it and boxed it all nice for the 5 hour drive home later that night. Their stock is phenomenol, and their main display will make you drool.

fastrd400, May 3, 2010
  12. yote

cageburn

they are an excellent site to order from bought my spiderman zoas from them

cageburn, May 3, 2010
  13. yote

Pwny

i just snaged some stuff from here, it should get here tomarow
    http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=08-2592&Category=Coral And Invertebrates:WYSIWYG Zoo Frags&SortBy=Price

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=08-2589&Category=Coral And Invertebrates:WYSIWYG Zoo Frags&SortBy=Price

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=05-8032-10&Category=Coral And Invertebrates:Acropora&SortBy=Price

http://www.vividaquariums.com/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=12-1032-10&Category=Coral And Invertebrates:LPS Frags&SortBy=Price

and 3 cleaner shrimp to replace the ones i lost when my power was out, ill take some pics when they get here

Pwny, Mar 16, 2011
  14. yote

Pwny

I have to start by saying WOW! i have easly done atleast 50 diffrent livestock fw and sw mail orders since ive started keeping aquariums and vivid has hands down been the best place i have ever ordered from. a few houres after i made my order yesterday they called me to setup a ship date i told them today was fine. i slep in late today and when i woke up my order was alrady at my door from ca to va. the packing job gets a A+++ it was so well done most of the corals were still partly open, i was compleatly in shock! everything was packed vary clean and nice and they put extra heat packs in the box. the stuff is floating atm ill tanke somme more pics later tonight but here are some pics of the shiping job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All the outside edges of thebox were sealed with tape to help hold in heat as well as the styrafoam box inside
    [​IMG]
    when i open the box there was a 2 sided paper on how to acclimat fish/inverts/corals/diffrent plants drip/float and also how to report losses
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    there was 2 heating pads with some newspaper inbetween them and the bags
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you can see the stuff isent all closed up like it normaly is this is strait out of the box. vivid is a little more exspensive for there frags then i normaly pay but hands down worth it i give them a 10/10. ill post more pics of corals later

Pwny, Mar 17, 2011
  15. yote

Bifferwine I am a girl

Those are packaged very nicely. Can't wait to see what you got!

Bifferwine, Mar 18, 2011
  16. yote

T Fades

Agree completely with all that has been said about Vivid. They are my LFS and I feel spoiled for having a marine only store that is in such great quality. Great bunch of guys working there and very willing to help.

T Fades, May 19, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question