Vivid Aquariums

john0087

Reefing newb
Hey all,

I just wanted to throw out some props to my not so local "LFS"

Vivid Aquariums, Vivid Aquariums | Tropical Fish Store in Los Angeles for Reef Aquariums, is about 2hrs, one way, from me. I usually make the drive to pick out new corals, but with gas prices here in Cali and having to work today I decided to order a WYSIWYG acan coral and had it shipped.

Their policy is to call before they ship to make sure you are available to receive the shipment. My shipment arrived on Wed in good condition, however, I noticed 2 things.

1 - The acan colony had receeded and there were a few polyps missing. Other than that, all was healthy

2 - An extra frag was sent of another stunning acan, differnet from the one I ordered.

A quick email to VIVID to confirm that a mistake wasn't made (I felt bad about just keeping the extra frag...I try to support local shops) and they confirmed that they sent me an extra frag to compensate for the missing polyps, but if this wasn't acceptable, I could return both for a refund or store credit.

Awesome service, quick responces and beautiful corals. I really appreciate that they sent me a different colored acan and not just another frag of the same type. Very classy on their part. They are a little more expensive then some of the other LFS in the area, but I do beleive that the quality of their live stock make up for that and this past experience confirms that they are the ones I want to do business with.

In anycase, check them out.

Thanks!

John

Last edited:
I go to this one LFS that tends to be a little more expensive. However the quality of their stock is excellent. Sometimes it's worth it to pay extra for quality.

Back