Volitan lionfish vs flame angel

Veilside0Three

Reefing newb
I have had my lion in the tank for about 3 weeks. It is small, about 3-4 inches long. Well yesterday I purchased a flame angel who is about 3 inches. Everytime the flame comes out from behind the rocks the lion chases it back in as soon as it's seen. The lion completely ignores my yellow headed sleeper goby, firefish, even the two damsels I just took out. All of them were ignored.

A volitan lion has a very large mouth and will eat anything it can get into it. most likely the lion views the angel as a food item.

are you going to put the lionfish in a different tank when it gets a little more aggresive and bigger?

I wasn't planning on putting him in a different tank... I have sort of accepted that it will eat the firefish... But the others? The yellow sleeper gets 7+ inches and the flame is really tall.

he will eat the goby in two bites if that what it takes, its not about length its about height that will stop a lionfish

The firefish goby? Or the yellow headed sleeper goby? The sleeper goby wont get tall... but it will get 7-10 inches long. Will the lion actually attempt that amazing feat?

i had my dwarf lionfish with shrimps snail and smaller fish never did he touch anything why because i basically spot feed him and made sure he ate

i bought him raw fozen shrimp and he used to eat it in two bites

the trick into keeping notreef safe fish in a reef is feeding them enough

Back