Volume Calculator

Ted

Living one day at a time
Well I have been having the hardest time trying to figure out the true volume of my tank. I bought it at a flea market in 1990. Anyway I finally found a cool aquarium system volume calculator on the web and though I would share. Aquarium System Volume Calculator

its real simple, measure the inside dimentions of the glass(only use inches), and the height of the water, multiply thoes 3 numbers together and then devide that by 231, thats your gallons...

there are 231 cubic inches in 1 us gallon.

its real simple, measure the inside dimentions of the glass(only use inches), and the height of the water, multiply thoes 3 numbers together and then devide that by 231, thats your gallons...

there are 231 cubic inches in 1 us gallon.

This does not take into account water displaced by rock, sand and everything in the tank.

Last edited:
Thats a nice one also sen. My biggest problem is that my tank is a corner pent. For the life of me I just could figure a math formula to figure it out. Some of the math sites even said that it is almost impossible to find the volume of a hex. Whatever, anyway the one I found just let me plug in the numbers and choose the style and I have it. Even down to rocks, sand, sump and piping. Just thought it might come in handy to those of us with strange shaped tanks. :D

Back