Vote: Franken Tank vs Living Room Showpiece

Which do you prefer? (If you had to choose!)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sen5241b

Reef enthusiast
If you've seen many pics of tanks online you know that there basically two types of aquariums: the "science experiment" with a myriad of PVC pipes connecting the fuges, filters and ATOs; koralias, water flow tubes and other noisy equipment hanging all over. And then there is the "living room showpiece" with all unsightly equipment hidden in a cabinet or behind a wall --a perfectly aquascaped tank where aesthetics trumps functionality.

Which do you prefer?

Last edited:
The frankentanks are just people trying to get their tanks into showpiece condition. Why WOULD anyone want a frankentank (Napoleon Dynamite emphasis on the WOULD)?

Y'all got something against the Borg Nano? :shock:

IMG_1007.JPG

I actually prefer a clean showpiece. But I just don't have the room for that. I've removed the canister from the frag tank. It looks "okay" now but it's no showpiece with all that algae on the rocks.:mrgreen:

bwahha lol @ "guy not voting" Showpiece for sure, The problem is most of us dont have the skill and or money to do it. my perfect scenerio is the huge 7-8 foot long in wall tank with tank room behind it so i can make as big of a mess as i want and have all kinds of crap in there. additionally having a reefkeeper or some system similar with digital displays next to my bed to monitor things like temp (we will see if i can ever get away with that.) also email alerts if there are any changes that happen.

then the ultimate dream of course is a large enough show tank for my black tip reef sharks

Back