Waging a war with hair algae...

The SAT will help.But at 50 bucks,that would have to be a gallon sized jug before I'd buy it.
I'll bet I can beat that price.Give me till monday or tuesday and let me see what I can get you a bottle for.
The way I dosed for algae,was one capfull for 25gals,every day.While manually removing as much algae as possible daily.

Any word on this yet yote?

I found this product as well. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~idProduct~AP1935~tab~4.html
Any thoughts on it. Reviews seem good.

Cool well do you think a 32 oz jug is neccessary for a 110 gal tank? You had said 1 capful for 25 gal once a day but how does that translate in ounces?

The cost all depends on where you are shipping to. I checked with the shipping dept at my office and they would pay $9.07 from Harrisburg to Ringgold, GA. That's via UPS ground. I was just thinking of throwing in 10 bucks for shipping. Hopefully that would cover it. USPS is also an option but no idea of the cost.

Once I decide how much I need I will PM you yote for all the details.

Yote to save you the trouble I just ordered it from Aquatic Exchange. The 32oz came to about $29 with tax and shipping included.

What I am wondering is why more people aren't talking about this product if it is so great. I have done google searches and barely can find anything. Seems like some LFS use it, but they aren't trying to sell it.

Yote to save you the trouble I just ordered it from Aquatic Exchange. The 32oz came to about $29 with tax and shipping included.

What I am wondering is why more people aren't talking about this product if it is so great. I have done google searches and barely can find anything. Seems like some LFS use it, but they aren't trying to sell it.

My guess,Is because a lot of reefers wont add anything to their tanks thats not for calc,or something related..
Its a great product.But it does take time to do its job.And you'll have to remove as much of the algae as you can.

Yote's right in that it's not a quick fix. Don't expect the algae to disappear overnight. Marine SAT takes several weeks to work. But I think it works really well.

Ok I am getting sick of this. Bought marine SAT been dosing for 3 weeks did manual removal as much as I could. This shit is still growing. Got a hippo tang and a foxface. Hippo was sickly from day one but fface seemed ok. Now I haven't seen either of them in 2 days. Put together an algae scrubber and it looks great covered in green hairy stuff cleaning as recommended. Doing well I guess but no reduction in algae. I am about a few days from throwing out all of my rock and just having fish and sand in the tank. W T F.

Back