WannaRace 30-2-75 Gallon Upgrade!

Without all that expensive equipment it makes starting this fabulous, addictive hobby possible for virtually anyone :)

Have joined the other forum and have been doing a lot of reading. The reef tank community spends a good bit of money and time to fight algae... it is like fighting the weather, it is there for a reason.. and the eco system says it will be there.. using the algae is proactive, fighting it because it looks bad is reactive. ... on that front alone algae scrubbers make common sense...and good science. So providing an ideal place for that algae to be is a win-win concept. An algae scrubber simply takes this concept to the next level. I'm aboard on that science.

To be honest a lot of reefers (me included) actually enjoy having the extra equipment. I know a lot of people in my town that use the bare minimum, like water changes and a heater, and I know people that have everything you can possibly buy. It's a matter of preference, but as you have proven, there are affordable ways to have a fantastic looking tank.

Just an update on growth (or lack thereof due to the top of the water line!) and progress. I'll let the picture speak :-)

I've put new bulbs in, 2 of which are ATI's coral plus. Brings out the colors amazingly well!

photo-45.jpg

Jesus. thats the sort of photo you see on Vendor and Online stores! Thats beautiful...
Btw... Im stealing it... Kthx. :D

Homer, this is a tank showcase thread. Post your concerns in another forum.

The frogspawn started as one single-headed frag about 6 years ago :-) I haven't bought any corals in about 3 years. The SPS was given to me a year ago because it wasn't doing so good.

So wait.. This guy puts blue tang in 75 gallons and it is beautiful, I want to put it in 120 gallons,and it is too small... What the F. I am missing here?

You're not missing anything. The 75 is too small for a blue tang, just like a 120 is

I got a frogspawn that was just one head, about 7 months ago. It's now got 5 and getting big. Hope it looks like yours one day! Been thinking about getting a different colored one as well :D

Back