Want a new tank? 145 gal system build, I need help!!

I have a friend that has those lights and he really does like them.. he has them sitting right on the mounts... if you find they get to hot could just put a fan at the top of the tank to help cool it off.. but he found it causes him little trouble..

You say the heat is causing him trouble? I did kinda expect they would get hot without a fan cooling. What size is his tank? im trying to find a more powerful light with the same benifits..

he has a 75 gal.. he keeps his house around 70 year round and really isnt having trouble with heat from the lights..

Hello everyone. sorry i have been gone for a while i was waiting on my overflow box to get here. FINALLY got it yesterday and it was well worth the wait!

benry-albums-02-27-11-picture1329-sspx0025.jpg

benry-albums-02-27-11-picture1328-sspx0026-1.jpg

So i got it on the tank, I go flex pvc to go into the sump and schedule 40 pvc to return. i will tak a picture of the planned plumbing as i get it put together.

This is what i have put together for the sump so far. i have never done any plumbing before so im unsure about this i know i still need a 90 elbow coming off the ball valve. should i drop the excess water into the 1st or second chamber? see any issues?
benry-albums-02-27-11-picture1331-sspx0028.jpg

Back