Want to add the red shrimp things. Ok now??

fastzorro

Reefing newb
Ok, my tank is 3 mo old, the clam, hammer, clowns, leather, all are doing well. Can I now add the red shrimps (ok, don't know the names but they look like small crey fish, bright red, long legs)??

of course.. you could have added them awhile ago as long as your water params are in check.. just make sure they are reef safe and all other inhabitants will get along.

(ok, don't know the names but they look like small crey fish, bright red, long legs)??

You're probably thinking of bloodshrimp. Understand that sometimes those shrimps hide. I've got one, he's huge he's went through 3 tank moves, I've had him for well over a year.

I've probably seen him for less than 5 minutes in an entire year. Some others have them and say they stay out in the open...so it's a crapshoot.

They are nocturnal, but are wonderful additions to any reef tank nonetheless.

I have two cleaner shrimp in my 90 gallon, and I hardly ever see them, maybe every couple months they come out at feeding time. But I also have a fire shrimp in my pico tank, and she (Francine) comes out and keeps busy constantly.

of course.. you could have added them awhile ago as long as your water params are in check.. just make sure they are reef safe and all other inhabitants will get along.

You should also be making sure It's tank mates are invert safe or it will be a quick meal for someone

Back