Want to build my own 20L Aquarium

jb61264

Reefing newb
Hi all...just registered on the forum...had a beautiful 30 breeder reef aquarium about 10 years ago that I had runnning for about 4 years and unfortunately had to get rid of it. I'm ready to start a new one now and have decided upon a 20L size aquarium.

Just wondering if any of you have recommendations for where to buy a reef ready aquarium from?...I'd like to just get a 20L glass or acrylic that is reef ready with the overflow already built-in.

Intially I was just going to buy one of those BioCubes but a local fish store guy said I should just consider building my own from scratch and use the money I'll save to invest in good lighting or extra live rock.

I kept my wet/dry filter and protein skimmer from my previous system so I'm set there...just want to find the best source for buying a reef ready aquarium

thanks in advance for any advice

i'm not sure if you can find a reef ready 20 gallon. a tank that size would probaly be a custom order. check with you're lfs. most can custom order one drilled, with overflow installed. usually around 50 to 75 dollars higher than standard tank. I don't know if internet can beat lfs price on tanks because of shipping.

Back