want to keep my xenias but have too much flow

guarda

Reefing newb
Any ideas on where or how I can place my pulsing xenias without them getting blown all around when I turn my Koralia 1 on? They just shrivel and close up wherever I put them! I want to keep them but I don't think I can. Everything else I have needs higher flow.

Here's a pic.

4l3o1f.jpg
[/IMG]

I had that same problem ... I moved mine directly underneath my powerhead and they look much happier now and open up a lot more.

Thanks Brian, that's where I always had them but they still wouldn't open. I guess my tank is too small. (12G)

lol ... I guess occasionally you can have too much flow, even if your sand isn't in suspension.

im actually having the same problem and im using the smallest pump i can atm. im using a rio 800 and its moving more than enough water to the point where my xenia isnt as opena nd my frogspawn is flat out pissed off at me. i can not figure out where to point the thing without creating a tidal wave but i cant use my airstone with my new lights because the airstone means i need to use the lid which will boil my tank with the new lights hah

Back