Wanted: 20 Inch Light

are you looking for regular florescent lights

Yes, as my initial post stated, I will consider fluorescent lights if the wattage is high enough. Definitely looking for something about 70 watts. The main thing is that I want something that has mounting legs and I don't have to hang some obnoxious looking crap from my ceiling, and that will fit on your standard, every day ordinary government issue 10 gallon "all glass" aquarium, which is about 20 inches wide.

don't go regular flourescent you will regret it, watts are relative to the kind of lights you have. Either go with Power Compacts, T-5s, T-5s w/ individual reflectors, or Metal Halide, in that order.

Is that a reverse order, with Halides being the best? There's a local guy that has a 150 watt HQI Metal Halide with a 14k double ended bulb. It is a clamp-on setup, it is used and he wants $100.

Thoughts? My apologies if I should be asking this in another forum.

Running halides on a 10 gallon tank is really not practical due to heat issues. A 10 gallon tank will boil under halides really quickly.

Way ahead of you! I've got a little chiller thingy that I rigged up from a water cooler that works awesome. No, it doesn't have copper anywhere in it, I already checked.

Back