Wanted cheap powerheads

Doc

I don't work for anybody
Well, I figure I would give it a try. Since I moved up to a new tank, I figured I needed to add two more powerheads and an additional smaller one for my sump. I looked at them at the store and before blowing $100 bucks, I wanted to check to see if anyone on the forum had some laying around they didn't want. Heck, I still have the same Rio powerheads I first bought, so they don't have to be fancy, just push water. Let me know if you have any you are not using

-Doc

Well, If you are feeling frosty, go ahead and mail me two or three!

-Doc

I definitely would send you some for free,if I had any spares laying arounds.

Why not order some online?

Doc,
I got a Rio 802 power head if your intrested.It dont have the sponge,but still runs.Been using it to mix salt.
Think I might even have another Maxi-jet 1200 thats just collecting dust.

I have 4 slightly used korilia #4 I can let go for a hundred dollars. pm me if interested for particulars.

ALL ARE SOLD.

Last edited:
What the hell!! Just my luck!! I just went into my room and looked at my tank and relized the maxijet 1200 in there was not working. I checked the plugin and it was pluged in. I can't believe right after I said I havn't had any problems the damn pump went out.

I think it was my fault though. I took the top off and seen the epoxy was bubbled so the pump overheated. I think when I was side mounting the pump I covered the top holes in with silicone and inturn it did not allow water to enter to cool the pump off.

But still how in the hell did it go out after I wrote that.

Just got the new foster and smith cataloge and the maxijet 1200 are on sale for 17.19 each and the sureflow upgrade kit with mag holder is only 14.99. So for only 32.18 you would have some serious flow.

What the hell!! Just my luck!! I just went into my room and looked at my tank and relized the maxijet 1200 in there was not working. I checked the plugin and it was pluged in. I can't believe right after I said I havn't had any problems the damn pump went out.

I think it was my fault though. I took the top off and seen the epoxy was bubbled so the pump overheated. I think when I was side mounting the pump I covered the top holes in with silicone and inturn it did not allow water to enter to cool the pump off.

But still how in the hell did it go out after I wrote that.

Happens every time!! Ya start braggin' about how some car or piece of equipment on the tank has treated you so well for so long............... next day the darn thing is friggin' DEAD :frustrat: Story of my life, so I quit bragging about how reliable stuff is. I drive my Nissan and I run my MJ pumps and I shut the hell up about it. :mrgreen:

Back