Wanting a New Fish

bhill27

Reefing newb
I have a 55gal saltwater predator tank. i have a picasso trigger(bout 5") and a Snowflake eel(bout 9") im lookin to get another fish in a week or 2, Any ideas on what i should look for?? Also im having trouble getting my picasso to eat. he has been in the tank for almost a week. any ideas on what i could do?

Last edited:
Ya, you should return him. He is stressed out because he is in a tank that is way too small for him. They need to be in a tank that is 125 gals or bigger.

Look into the fuzzy dwarf lion fish, they also have some cool puffer that would work in a tank that sized. Or there are some very cool wrasses.

Check this site out:Saltwater Fish: Marine Aquarium Fish for Saltwater Aquariums

Just make sure to check out how large of tank the fish needs and its temperament.

Your website says he needs a 70 and other are all through 50-60 and the book at my lfs( Marine Fishes) say minimum of 50, and my lfs says its fine.

For starters, it really is in your lfs best interest to sell you a fish that is going to stress out and die because then you will come back and spend more money.

And thanks for pointing that out, because im going to change that, because that isnt correct. You should talk to some of the people who own those fish, and i promise you they do a lot better in a larger tank. It also helps keep some of their aggression issues under control.

Hello and welcome to the site...he may not be eating cause he's still stressed...some fish take a few days to start eating after moving. If you do decide to keep him, I wouldn't recommend getting another fish in there, cause then it'll be too many aggressive fish in such a small space, which could give you problems later on. And if you must have another fish that can hold it's own, look into certain wrasses.

So would it be best to take him back and look into smaller predators? How Would an undulate do? i heard those are really aggressive though.

when I saw picasso trigger in your tank I knew it was a bit small, I wanted one but dont have space for a huge tank! get a nice puffer, those guys rock.

Im gonna talk to my lfs about speacial ordering a cool puffer but the places around here are pretty limited on wat they can order

Back