Wanting some new corals.

Cathic

Fish Wrangler
Alright, just put that 3rd set of T5's over my tank, like most people know because of my posting, :oops:, anyways to the question, looking for new corals, hoping people my throw in some ideas of some new corals to try up for anything and wanted opinions on what i could do with 6 bulbs over the tank. Thanks in advance.

Do you want SPS corals and do you want to monitor calcium/alkalinity more closely?If the answer is yes then there are so may nice colored ones ot there.

For me,I'm on an ultra LPS hunt.I'm looking for unusual color morphs of common corals.Those ultra crazy colored open brains,ultra green frogspawn and ultra mint chocolate chip frogspawn,ultra flourescent torches.Blastos,acans,micros,chalices,scoymia have what I consider ultra color morphs too.

Some examples
Wall Frogspawn Coral Ultra Fluorescent Green 6-7 in Open - Reef Hot Spot
Brain Coral - Open - Red/Green 3.5-5 in Ultra Fancy - Reef Hot Spot

get a good duncan, they grow quite quickly so a bit of fun there. My long tenticled plate gets the most compliments because it waves in the jets and i love the hammer. Avoid golf ball corals and sun corals for now ;)

AND MORPHS! :D

Hammer, Torch, Colt, Frogspawn, are all great beginner corals that I would try first AFTER you have obtained good water quality. Lights on for 9-10 hours on timers every day and you should see them babies growin.

Water quality is fine, looking at ricordiea now going to look at blastos as well, also keeping some corals now that I had under 4 bulbs, which is why was looking for input from you wonderful peoples now that I have stronger lighting. Mostly tell me what to stay away from.

With the light you have now.You should be unlimited on what corals you can keep.
BUT,you gonna have to pay closer attention to light acclimation.
With that.How about some Acros.:D

maybe a birdsnest?
some acros like my tank, others not so much, but the birdsnests do great :)

I second the montis (unless you cant keep your alk stable)

SPS corals are boring to me. They don't move, and they grow so slowly. Do you want movement and life? Or sticks and twigs? :lol:

Back