Wanting to get a big tank

Lerch

Reefing newb
Hi all

I have been in and out of the saltwater/reef hobby for around the last 10yrs. First I had a 55gal glass tank when i was in college and I ran it succesfully for 4 years. I got out of the hobby for a while when i got married and after life settled back down me and the wife decided to get another tank. this time i went with a 39 gal Red SeaMax acrylic tank and had great luck with it.

We are about to be done building a new home and over the course of the next year or so i have decided i would really like to get another tank but this time i would like to get a larger one. I have plenty of room for really whatever size tank i would like to get so i am looking for some recommendations.

I would like to do something with a minimum of 150gals on a stand with whatever sump system or any other plumbing housed underneath the tank.

I will be wanting to do this in year or so but right now i am trying to figure out a rough dollar figure or at least get a idea of what it would all entail.

any recommendations you all have will be great ,

thanks
lerch

Hello and Welcome!! My advice is to keep an eye on Craigslist b/c there are some great deals to be had with tank, stand, equipment and even livestock. This is a lot cheaper then trying to go new with everything.

Last edited:
i just got a 120g tank, stand, lights, canopy, reef octopus, powerheads.... the list goes on. for $400 :-) i would concentrate on narrowing down the size and plans for how you want to run the system, if you don't mind buying used all it takes is a waiting game.

Here is tank (180 gallon abt 2 yrs old). No scratches or blemishes. Looking to get 990.00 for the tank/stand/and installed glass-holes overflow (3600 gph). Drilled for 2~ 2" overflows and 2~ 1" returns. No other equipment is included. Equipment will be parted out once tank is sold. Sent one of the wrasse and of the anemone. Thanks again.

On Feb 2, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Rick Brown <[email protected]> wrote:

If you know anyone interested in a 180 gallon tank with custom oak stand let me know. I am planning on selling my system for the move. It is still in operation but will stop by and discuss if you would be interested in livestock..

DSC_0003 (640x425).jpg
(241KB) DSC_0013 (640x425).jpg
(210KB) DSC_0017 (640x425).jpg
(223KB)

Back