Wanting to learn about breeding clownfish

99.9% chance a maroon will only breed with a maroon. This is even more certain since maroons are so aggressive towards any other fish! It'd probably kill any other type of clown you tried to add. :shock:

I have heard of maroon-percula and maroon-ocellaris hybrids, but as far as I know, they have all been wild-caught and don't interbreed in captivity.

Knowing the maroons, it was probably one off rape, Such violent fish. My two maroons I used to have barely got along..

99.9% chance a maroon will only breed with a maroon. This is even more certain since maroons are so aggressive towards any other fish! It'd probably kill any other type of clown you tried to add. :shock:

I have heard of maroon-percula and maroon-ocellaris hybrids, but as far as I know, they have all been wild-caught and don't interbreed in captivity.

Makes sense. So I guess I'll get him another maroon and hope they don't kill each other lol and then maybe later, waaay later hehe, try to breed them. Might be a fun venture. This hobby is gonna make me go broke :rofl:

Hahaha cms, you figured this out before you got into it! This hobby bit me and then I went, shit, where did that 3k go? :D

Hahaha cms, you figured this out before you got into it! This hobby bit me and then I went, shit, where did that 3k go? :D

Yea, I'm a smart cookie :mrgreen: lol. It did kinda bite me in the beginning when I realized just HOW MUCH s%$@ I needed to get the thing going. That was a long day hehe

hahaha, see, I went in and said, I love these, and he sold me a setup with a cheap skimmer, cheap lights and enough to keep searhorses. And from there, I was stuck and its been over a year and I cant get enough of this hobby.

:^:Don't even get me started on seahorses. . .

They were what got me INTO this damn mess. And then I got excited with all the fish and corals. So I did my 55 and am gonna put a bunch of fish in there. I'm already planning a 240gal predator tank. THATS gonna make me go broke if I'm not already. And I still want to get the seahorses at some point. Have a tank in my garage already just waiting for em. Sigh. Its worse than crack. Lmao

Hahahaha, so you started the same way I did :P I want a seahorse tank later as well!

That 240 predator tank would be amazing, what do you want to keep in there?

Some type of lion for sure. And a puffer. I want to get an eel too. I was also looking at bamboo sharks. Its all up in the air cuz its such a long way down the road. I'll probably throw my maroons in there too if they're big enough by the time I get it (which they probably will be lol). Any other ideas are always welcome too though.

Lol, I think we kind of hijacked this thread. . .

Yea, I was thinking that the post before :P but we did answer the question!

Should get a big triger! those things are awesome.

Yea, I was thinking that the post before :P but we did answer the question!

Should get a big triger! those things are awesome.

Oops! :shock: lol But that we did

And I haven't found one that I really like. I was told that the predator tank might actually be easier than the reef seeing they don't need all the extra stuff like lighting and whatnot. Which is kind of nice. Still gonna cost an arm and a leg tho lol

hahaha the tank will, and the skimmer, and water changes ;) but lights and corals and inverts cost nothing! hahaha.

Picasso triger! one of my favorites :D

Picasso_triggerfish2.jpg

hahaha the tank will, and the skimmer, and water changes ;) but lights and corals and inverts cost nothing! hahaha.

Picasso triger! one of my favorites :D

Picasso_triggerfish2.jpg

Ya know, if I had to pick a trigger, that would be the one too. He's the only one that looks amusing enough. And I can't have no boring looking fish with all my crazy predators. It would make him look really dull. =P

yea hahaha, he is an awesome fish, we had one at my local LFS. but no chance of having that in my tanki

My husband and I got a 55 gal just to get a few clowns and now wevare hooked. I am loving this hobby.

Yea, I got a 55 just to have saltwater fish and now I'm already planning for a 240gal tank. YIKES lol. I love it too though, once its up and running it is very rewarding. :Cheers:

Back