War Coral & Blastos

Ok I am getting a rainbow war coral on Saturday what kind of lighting should it have... I have been to 3 different web site and got 3 different answers....from low light to intense light HELP? flow?

I am also getting a damaged blastos. The guy said he has way to much flow for them and they never open anymore, I am getting 10+ heads for $40 it seem worth it because the it such a good deal if it works out. The pics I have seen they are closed but they don't seem to be ripped or anything. What kind of lighting will those need?

I have my blasto's lower in my tank and they get moderate flow. They open up almost all the way during the day. When I turn the lights off they seem open a bit more to let the tenticles out. I also feed 2x per week.

I think both of those corals prefer low to moderate light and low to moderate flow. They are typical LPS and not difficult to keep. My blastos have always done better closer to the bottom of the tank -- it forces them to open up more.

Have you got a link to the Rainbow? I've not heard of them.

It says 'rainbow' I don't think there are a lot / if any of yellows but this pic does it NO justice. This is the mother, the frag I am getting is mostly red with purples but still REALLY cool I will post good pics when I get it :) I have not seen the mother but I have seen a frag from it in another tank.
attachment.php

OK Saturday came early? No I was feeling like a drive after work today so yeah... 4hours of sitting in traffic later...1 hours BS'ing about an AMAZING tank... 20mins for the 2nd ATM run after buying a lot of things I didn't intend to... my damm belnny just came by an woffted that goober on in... he I have a real love hate thing with him!

Its still not a great shot its in the shady side of my tank I will move it over to the bright side of my tank and take some shots but my lights just turned of so tomorrow... Saturday for the Blastos that is about 2 hours in the OTHER direction!

IMG_4198.jpg

lol after seeing the tank that it came out of... there was no rocks sand nothing just corals the other stuff is in there some where but i couldn't see it...

The things we'll do for corals.:D
But judging by the pic.It looks like it was well worth the trouble.

Back