WarmSoda's 65 Gallon!

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
My LR came today! Yah!

For starters, the rock look great; like, really amazing. I've never seen such quality pieces before, I was very startled!

Second, the set-up took a lot longer then I thought it would for two reasons. 1. The lady wanted to go out for lunch (and I promised I would)
2. I cut my hand open with a box opener; 5 stitches. Not fun. ER workers we're very kind, though. :)

The RO/DI unit is working up a storm and I'm trying to get the system running. I'll try to get some pictures of the tank the the 'battle-wound' before in tonight once I find my charger. Wish me luck.

Much love

Well, bad news. My skimmer is leaking for some reason. If you look in this picture here and look at the base of the pump, that's where it was coming from. I don't know what's wrong, everything looks like it's in shape and all together. I'm just a little stressed right now...

Check all your o-rings and seals. My Octopus skimmer started leaking a little while after I got it, and I took it apart and found that one of the o-rings was pinched.

Check all your o-rings and seals. My Octopus skimmer started leaking a little while after I got it, and I took it apart and found that one of the o-rings was pinched.

Think I just fixed it. I missed a seal that I didn't know existed. I'm gonna give it a run now. Thanks Biff.

Well, I put went back again and re-fixed some things here and there. What my prob is now, is that, if you look in the picture, the input line for the pump doesn't reach long enough to get to the output. Just by a little bit, and the threads on the union aren't lining up straight.

What can I do?

I just happen to of found some epoxy lying around. Is it worth it even to consider epoxy the leak? I know once you get it on there, it's gonna stay, but at this point I'm desperate

Update: After epoxy'ing every leak, it still found another place to leak from. I've given up on this stupid piece of junk. I'll prob turn it into a calcium reactor when I have the time. My tank has all the live rock it need in there WITHOUT a skimmer, which is not good. I'm very angry. I'm prob going to get a HOB skimmer when I get the money...

You should call or email the place that you bought it from. Maybe you got a bad one, because overall the brand is very very good and very reliable. At least try to get your money back, or get a replacement.

I doubt they'll take back a skimmer covered in epoxy/putty. I bought it from aquacave.com. I'll see what I can do though.

EDIT: Hey biff, can you do me a favor and delete this thread. I'll re-post it when I get things rolling again.

Last edited:
Back