Warning about Bulk Reef Supply

Just wondering if you were going to get a RO unit and it was a BRS one why did't ypu buy from the source instead of a 3rd party?
Because I was trying to support a local Lfs. I purchased other items from him and not all came from brs.

Do you know who at BRS you have been talking to?
I dont remember their names but the first time was a guy with a monotone voice and the other guy with the attitude right out of the box had a middle eastern accent.
3 days ago the vendor I bought from asked me to send him pictures after I called him several times. He texted me the request. I have not heard from him since.
I got pissed and called brs again this morning and talked to Reid. He agreed to help me and wants me to send him pictures of the system to make sure I didnt hook it up wrong. Hmmm... Fine with that but I know its hooked up correctly. I will update when I hear back from them. Oh, and my tds now reads 63.

IMG_3706.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

I hope they settle it quickly for you at this point. What is that second pic of? For brand new filters, that just looks wrong.

Yes that is the first of the dual di filter. It is a color changing cartridge. It will be depleted in a month at this rate. The guy with the middle eastern accent told me that was normal sometimes to replace them monthly. That is when I realized I am dealing with a jerk.

Yes that is the first of the dual di filter. It is a color changing cartridge. It will be depleted in a month at this rate. The guy with the middle eastern accent told me that was normal sometimes to replace them monthly. That is when I realized I am dealing with a jerk.

What? Replacing them monthly is normal in some cases? That isn't very cost effective considering one could go out of their way to get RO/DI water from a LFS, Walmart, etc. I'm pretty sure I'd have to call bullshit on that one man.

Is there anyone else in your area with a unit like this that you can compare against? Or even compare TDS readings? Your TDS in seems kinda high to me, but then I am a spoiled Nor Cal guy who is on well water and has a TDS in of 1.

Well my patience has finally ran out. Reid left for the day and I talked to another guy that ran a million questions by me and will not take care of this after I sent them all the pictures. They found a loophole to avoid helping me. They said I need to show them a receipt knowing that I cannot get in touch with the seller. They are insinuating that it may not be their filter. What the heck???? It says Bulk Reef Supply on the r/o. They suggested I ship them the membrane for testing at my cost. BS!!! I am done paying for other peoples mistakes.
I will update if these clowns own up to their responsibilities. My experience with them is not reflecting what I have heard about them in the past. Even walmart would have taken care of this.

Well, not to defend BRS, but I can see there point. You bought it else where and they have no idea if it's there stuff or not. Mind did not come in a box like some of the other unit do, it was in a bag and peanuts to protect it. Sounds like your seller is the real issue here.

Why do you not have a receipt? You should of been giving one when you bought it. The only thing on the unit that said BRS is the metal hanging holder. Your supplier could of swapped out there filters for something cheaper. I know I would be pissed, but I would of also gotten a receipt when I bought it. I needed a filter for mine and I also have a local guys they sells them, grab one and held onto the receipt. I fell for you, but the real issues is the jack off you bought it from first and BRS second.

Well my patience has finally ran out. Reid left for the day and I talked to another guy that ran a million questions by me and will not take care of this after I sent them all the pictures. They found a loophole to avoid helping me. They said I need to show them a receipt knowing that I cannot get in touch with the seller. They are insinuating that it may not be their filter. What the heck???? It says Bulk Reef Supply on the r/o. They suggested I ship them the membrane for testing at my cost. BS!!! I am done paying for other peoples mistakes.
I will update if these clowns own up to their responsibilities. My experience with them is not reflecting what I have heard about them in the past. Even walmart would have taken care of this.

Damn, that sucks. However, their warranty states that you as a buyer need to send back the unit at your cost for them to investigate the unit and filters. I know this because I just read it this morning.

If it was me, I'd be camped out at the retailer you bought it from, making them come up with the receipt, and a replacement, functional unit. You can also remind them that it only costs 25.00 to file a small claims action in this state, and that bad reviews in the community and on the web are free (and fun at times).

I agree with you and I went with the chain of command. But I first called brs to troubleshoot and that is where it all went downhill. No sympathy for a customer with serious issues with their product. I have a 300 gallon reef that depends in part on quality products from quality companies. I have been let down here and in this industry, if you let down your customer, then you end up being called out on forums and eventually turn into failures like Kent marine and Jebo. I am sure they have more positives than most companies but my experience and some others are unacceptable. I had great faith in them before this incident.

Damn, that sucks. However, their warranty states that you as a buyer need to send back the unit at your cost for them to investigate the unit and filters. I know this because I just read it this morning.

If it was me, I'd be camped out at the retailer you bought it from, making them come up with the receipt, and a replacement, functional unit. You can also remind them that it only costs 25.00 to file a small claims action in this state, and that bad reviews in the community and on the web are free (and fun at times).

Here's the good news, my vendor had to pay shipping forshticks product so I don't have to pay shipping back to them. That only is valid if the items sent were under free shipping agreement. I may take your advice and pay him a visit later today.

Last edited:
Either way, Buckeye Field Supply will get my r/o purchases from now on. Russ was really helpful in troubleshooting.

Your not the only one right now with issues with BRS. I'll keep my mouth shut till Friday. If i dont have whats supposed to be in my posession by friday im putting them on blast. Nuff said.

It's my own fault, but I myself have tried calling BRS to source a new impeller for my Pan World Pump. I have read of many people being happy with their customer service which is why I bought the pump from them in the first place. I was hoping my request for help would have been answered sooner....

Did something else happen??

Nope same issue with the sump......just remember i ordered it on the 30th....:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat::frustrat: and yea ima bang my head a few more times:frustrat::frustrat::frustrat:

Back