Warning

yote

In Memoriam
I just learned a lesson thins morning that most hobbiest never even think of.
We all assume that serpent stars are safe with out other inverts.THEIR NOT:pissedof:While I was getting ready for work,I glanced at my tank and thought "That clam dont look right" It wasnt.:grumble:Both my serpent and brittle star were just finishing off what was left of their 100 dollar meal.:censored::mad!!::pissedof:This WASNT my lil 10 clam that I've had for a year.It was my big new maxima clam.:grumble:
I got to researching some at break time and found out the clams ARE NOT SAFE WITH STARFISH:frustrat:

That sucks Yote. Sorry to hear about your loss. I've never heard of stars eating clams before. I have four stars in my tank and two clams and I've never seen the stars near them, but I'll definitely keep a closer eye out from now on.

Sorry about the big loss yote. you might as well get those stars a couple cubans to finish off that high dollar dinner!

Wow, i never would have imagined stars eating a clam. That sucks dude, sorry for your loss. Ive got a cheaper clam, but its up higher in my tank where the star never makes it really... What do you think a serpent star would do in a mantis tank? What would happen there?

Thanks for sharing that info with us Yote. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Do you ever do grief hunting? You know, hunting just for the purpose of cheering you up :D

Thanks for sharing that info with us Yote. Sorry to hear about what happened.

Do you ever do grief hunting? You know, hunting just for the purpose of cheering you up :D

Damn straight I do.And thats exactly what I'm going to do as soon as I finish off this Bud.

Cory,
I'm hoping that my mantis has one heck of a supper tonight.

Biff,
I remembered reading that star will eat clams,but had forgotten about it and to be honest,just did pay any attention to it.
From now on I'll have a complete sheet on my livestocks habits in the wild.Not just what they do in a reef tank.

but yeah sorry about the star fish thingy...............you should get over it im haven to strip my whole tank.............because my friend screwed it up.............he cant feed fish if his life depended on it

Back