Watchman Goby Acting Strange

beancntr

Back into Salt
I'm probably approaching my quota on questions, but here's another. I've had a watchman for about a month now and he's ALWAYS hung out at the bottom between the rocks. He has a specific cave he's always in. I did a water change yesterday and today he's out in front of the rocks and has actually been swimming in the middle of the tank and a few times gone to the top. Is this something to worry about? I've never actually seen him swim around like that. Params are all still good and other fish seem fine. My salinity is a little lower than before the change - 1.022-1.023. My tank is still green, but possibly a little better. :frustrat:

On a good note, I think I've got some coralline algea beginning to grow on a couple of my rocks. It's white now, but has a hint of pink/purple in places. :D

Unless he's hanging around at the top only or stops eating, I wouldn't worry too much. If they are hungry they'll come out more, have you changed your feeding?

i did cut down this morning from 1/2 cube to 1/4 cube. The cleaner shrimp has been hanging out in his cave and it appears the goby has a "crush" on my tang...it's almost like Walter is searching Nell (tang) out.

And yes, sad to say, all of our fish have names. :)

beancntr said:
i did cut down this morning from 1/2 cube to 1/4 cube. The cleaner shrimp has been hanging out in his cave and it appears the goby has a "crush" on my tang...it's almost like Walter is searching Nell (tang) out.

And yes, sad to say, all of our fish have names. :)

Bean you have problems!...later gotta go talk to Lois and Clark(my Clarkii Clowns):mrgreen:

Back