water change toughts and questions.

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So here my question. Every 2 weeks i do 30gl watter change it can be a pain.because.i cant empty the tank.to much before exposing rock and corals. So i take wayer out of the sump also with a pump. This takes more time. So my question.is would it be better to do 15 gl every week ? What are your.guys toughts on this? I hear and jave read.its better because it.jelps keep thinhs more stable. Whay do you guys think ??

I use a set up its just like two liter meter pumps but I do 5 gal a week. I've always been afraid of changing to much to fast and up setting the balance of the tank plus its just easier on the back to tote one bucket a week to the sump room

I'm planning on setting up a drip changeout system worked into my new sump. Just open two ball valves and drain my storage tank at 1ga/hr.

On a side note, it's fine if your corals and rock are exposed for a short time during water changes. Larry's (CcCapt) SPS get exposed when he does water changes, he posted pics of it a while back. And back when I had my nano cube my corals and anemone would get exposed during water changes and that tank ran fine like that for a couple of years.

Point noted. But yeah i think doing the changes at 15% weekly will help keep my stuff more stable and a bit higher hopefully. We will see . I will try it for a couple months and see if i notic a difreence. Thanks everyone.

Back