water changes and algea question

imdaring

love my reef
OK I have been doing the water changes every day to every other day I think I have done a total of 7 in the last week and a half now that I have been doing that I have been getting a lot of green algea on the glass? is that from the water changes? and will the new T5 lighting help with that? I need to go to the LFS to get more turbo snails I think I have lost a few..

my next question is should I continue to do every day water changes this is what I tested today

KH 11dps =196.9ppm
Cal 25 dps =500ppm
PH 8.0 added PH buffer
nitrates 10ppm

I was never really able to be without the hard green algae on the front glass for more than a few days. No matter what i do, it shows up within a few days.

That green algae is going to show up.No matter how hard we try,its just a part of the hobby we've got to live with.

yep thats what I've been doing, but now that I'm not doing every day water changes today is the 1st day that it's not as much as it has been, I also did a total cleaning on my protien skimmer that thing was so dirty YUK!! I took it all apart and cleaned it.. I had noticed that it was not flowing as much and the cup was not filling as much as normal. after I cleaned it the cup was 1/2 full in less then 12 hours

Back