water changes to often???

ANDREA

Reefing newb
i have a 75 gl tank and i was wondering if i can make water changes (15 gl) every week or that is wrong???
to often???
maybe is better every two week's i don't know .......
what do you think????:D

Another one of those questions where everyone is different...i do a 5 gallon every saturday on my 125...why?,because it works..been doing the same routine for 3+ years...keep in mind this is a FOWLR(well,mushrooms),and i do have trates(5ppm)

I change roughly 10 gallons every 8 days in my 125.That takes care of calcium and alkalinity and magnesium along with keeping nitrates at zero.

That's not too often. 10 to 20% of the tank's volume once a week, or once every two weeks is perfect. You're right in that range.

I change between 20-25% per week.
Not all at once, though. It's automated so it's changing every day, throughout the day in small amounts.
15% per week is a good amount, you just want to make sure that your water temps and salinity are equal.

i change about 50% in my 10 gallon every other week. and in my 35 gallon I havent done a water change in about 3 months and everything is thriving. I do only have 2 zoas a sponge and a small leather. but everything is doing great in there, and is thriving. and my nitrates are at 0 even. however, i do have to add about a gallon or 2 of water every week due to evaporation

Back