Water conditioner

Mr.Diggler

Smitten with Sookie
I'm in the planning stages of setting up a 75 gallon for an eel at the end of August. Instead of buying SW from my LFS I thought I could save some bucks mixing my own SW using conditioned tap water. Any suggestions on products would be appreciated.

strongly suggest you dont go tap water way it may be cheap now but in the long run its gonna be a big PITA , if you dont wanna buy the SW just buy the freshwater from them and then mix your own salt into the FW

Dont use tap... conditioned or not you need Filtered water, RODI, Distilled. No conditioner will remove dissolved solids from your water which will cause algae and other general water problems later down the line.

You should get an RO/DI water unit and make your own water. Tap water contains all sorts of nasty stuff, and usually that is fine if you are running a fowlr tank but eels are very sensitive to dissolved metals, especially copper, which if your water comes into any contact with copper tubing it will have some level of dissolved copper.

Thanks guys for the input. I can get FW from my LFS for fifty cents per gallon. That's the route I'll go with. Thanks all.

Back