Water from the ocean.

yes, it certainly would, from what I've read on various websites. Again, you'd probably have to do water changes to replenish the stock of plankton. And if you're concerned about it, start culture phytoplankton, which would definitely feed it. good luck :)

"I didn't realize I had answered that one so acertively...I really wasn't sure to be quite honest, hence the "probably", though I should have said "Posssibly not...but I'm not sure." wasn't sure if water travel through the pipe would affect the amount of plankton or not...glad you corrected me tanked "

That's why she's here Kid. To correct you as needed! :mrgreen:

The massive 200,000 or so gallon tank at San Francisco's new aquarium pumps sea water thru a miles long pipe into their tank. I would carbon filter to get pollutants out and keep in mind that parasites exists in seawater so you might have to have cleaner shrimp or cleaner fish. I used to live in Hawaii and there you really don't need a saltwater tank. You just go jump in the ocean and swim the reef!

I think their water is already filtered. They have a pretty huge system but ill have to ask to make sure. it's true that i can just jump in the ocean and swim the reef, but i want an ocean without the sunburn. haha. Plus, everything is better in the comfort of your own home.

i eould check with your local fish and wildlife place and see if you can get a permit to catch your own fish and inverts. maytime they will let the locals do this for their own as long as it is not for sale

i learned that i can catch fish, but sand, coral, rock and inverts are a big no no. I think i can get away with feather dusters.

enough with the BJ talk, and get back to the subject. hahaha. I tested the ocean water and it turned out flawless. i did the change and my cocoworm looks REALLY HAPPY!

Back