Water level in 12G JBJ Nano-Cube

By water level you mean how "high" the water is in the tank, right?

Personally, and for none other than aesthetic reasons, I like to keep mine within 1 inch of the top, in my 10 gallon reef (back in the day), my 25 gallon reef (current), and my current 10 gallon fish only. And my 75 gallon fresh water, when I mess with it :)

Just a personal preference though...most people (that I've seen) keep theirs a bit lower, but I don't know if there's any purpose to it. I say get as much water in there as possible: more water = more dilution.

I mean the water levels in the back compartment of the nano-cube.
In the filtration compartment. Water levels can be divided from the main column of water.

The 12 must be set up different thanthe 6 because my water intake is so low in the front that it doesn't have a different level than in the back.

i filled all three compartments. couldnt really find a harm in doing soo.

i use the modular surface skimmer, but i put it with the teeth lookin things facing down, only cause i had that facing up and it did effect my water level in the rear compartments, and realized i was with in a few minutes of running the pump dry when i was cycling.

i know this is on another forum but read this post. prob the most enlighten post about nano cubes i ever read. I STRONGLY suggest running what this guy did in his compartments.

24G Nano Cube DX Startup, Setup, Manual for newbies, in the works - Nano-Reef.com Forums

Back