water looks clowdy ...it looks like smoke....

Did something die or is in the process of dying? Anemones, sea hares and sea cucumbers can spoil the water if they get sick or die.

If a fish died, cloudy water usually indicates a bacterial bloom that is caused by an ammonia spike. You should test for ammonia and nitrites.

Is the tank only one month old?

How many fish are in the tank?
What kind?

What are your parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate

Did you let the tank cycle complete before you added fish?

It could be that you are having an bacteria bloom because your biological filter is over loaded and hasnt caught up yet.

Brian

Its like 4 months old...i only have my cleaners and some dansels fish ...i havent check..my levels ...i did add food for my corals...i dont know the name of it...

Marine Snow?

That looks like stringy smoke when you first pour it in the tank.

Another concern is - are you dosing to control pH or alkalinity? It's possible to get to much alkalinity buffer in the water. It will precipitate out and turn into a solid in the water column. Makes it look like the tank is full of skim milk.

If thats what happened, you need to do a big water change. :frustrat:

Good luck! :Cheers:

You joined in January and posted then that the tank is 1 month old... Unless my math is wrong, you are no where near ready to have fish in that tank. The water it probably cloudy from a bacteria bloom or from high nutrients as you are probably still cycling. I'd get any remaining livestock out of the tank, get a test kit and slow down a bit with things. Your LFS should be willing to take your livestock to help you out. Figure out where you are in your tanks cycle, and let it finish. Running carbon and doing water changes will help but if you are still cycling, it has to finish all on its own.

According to your previous posts, you had a bubble tip anemone. Do you still have it? If so, is it looking okay? I suspect your anemone may be crashing.

You joined in January and posted then that the tank is 1 month old... Unless my math is wrong, you are no where near ready to have fish in that tank. The water it probably cloudy from a bacteria bloom or from high nutrients as you are probably still cycling. I'd get any remaining livestock out of the tank, get a test kit and slow down a bit with things. Your LFS should be willing to take your livestock to help you out. Figure out where you are in your tanks cycle, and let it finish. Running carbon and doing water changes will help but if you are still cycling, it has to finish all on its own.

+1

Y'all know how I feel about it when things get rushed and animals die as a result. :frustrat:

Back